Posted to alt.food.wine
Godzilla Lizard Godzilla Lizard is offline

Default TN: Corked wines at the CIA

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 08:56:45 -0500, James Silverton wrote:

> Godzilla wrote on Sun, 31 Jan 2010 00:03:27 +0000:

>>> I wish you wouldn't abbreviate the Culinary Institute of America as
>>> the CIA. Corked wines might be useful to the real CIA. My nephew
>>> passed out after drinking some wine (provided by his mother) that was
>>> only slightly corked.

>> It depends upon your viewpoint of which is the "real" CIA. Is it the
>> one that does covert operations in other countries, carries out
>> assassinations, promotes wars and insurrections, or is it the one that
>> attempts to educate the culinary professionals of the future?

>> I would prefer to think of the later choice as being "real."

> In the population as a whole, I suspect 99% have never heard of the
> Culinary Institute of America but know the CIA is the spy agency. That's
> real enough even if the Culinary Institute does more real good :-)

Quite true. However are the readership of alt.food.wine representative of
the "population as a whole" or are they a more sophisticated and
knowledgeable subset because of their interest in wine and associated
food? ;-)

Godzilla