Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Corked wines at the CIA

DaleW wrote on Sun, 31 Jan 2010 06:54:03 -0800 (PST):

> On Jan 30, 12:47 pm, "James Silverton" >
> wrote:
>> DaleW wrote on Sat, 30 Jan 2010 07:32:58 -0800 (PST):
>>
> >> This evening was part of their dinner series, the theme was
> >> Slow & Savory Cooking. Just in case it sounds like I'm
> >> carping/complaining, let me say at the outset that I had a
> >> good time, I found the kids delightful in their trying so
> >> hard, and the food was mostly good.

>> I wish you wouldn't abbreviate the Culinary Institute of
>> America as the CIA. Corked wines might be useful to the real
>> CIA. My nephew passed out after drinking some wine (provided
>> by his mother) that was only slightly corked.
>>

>Sorry, I assumed on a wine group people would assume Culinary
>Institute.

I suspect you are optimistic about knowledge outside California about
the Culinary Institute. I get out to Napa once in while and I have heard
of it and seen the buildings from the road. Isn't it in the old
Christian Brothers winery? (Did they have to sell the place because of
incompetence or was it for money to pay abuse suits?)

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland