Posted to alt.food.wine
Godzilla Lizard Godzilla Lizard is offline

Default TN: Corked wines at the CIA

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:47:56 -0500, James Silverton wrote:

> DaleW wrote on Sat, 30 Jan 2010 07:32:58 -0800 (PST):
>
>> This evening was part of their dinner series, the theme was Slow &
>> Savory Cooking. Just in case it sounds like I'm carping/complaining,
>> let me say at the outset that I had a good time, I found the kids
>> delightful in their trying so hard, and the food was mostly good.

> I wish you wouldn't abbreviate the Culinary Institute of America as the
> CIA. Corked wines might be useful to the real CIA. My nephew passed out
> after drinking some wine (provided by his mother) that was only slightly
> corked.

It depends upon your viewpoint of which is the "real" CIA.
Is it the one that does covert operations in other countries, carries out
assassinations, promotes wars and insurrections, or is it the one that
attempts to educate the culinary professionals of the future?

I would prefer to think of the later choice as being "real."

Godzilla