Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: SOBER does 60s Bojo, 70s CA & Rhones, +Loire, Burg, etc

On Jan 28, 12:03*pm, Ewan > wrote:
> On Jan 27, 9:03*am, DaleW > wrote:
>
> > There was also the infamous Scores bubbly ($200 in club, $6 on
> > closeout) that Craig had served last year.

> ?! *Filling in the story would be welcome .

Scores was a famous strip club in city, closed a couple years ago
(though someone said they thought it has reopened).
Apparently this was the house bubbly (a Cremant de Bourgogne) with
their private label. They charged outrageous sums, not sure if
included lap dances.
When they closed(bankrupt?) a couple of NYC stores bought their stock,
so the $200 wine was under $10. I think Craig and friends bought a
couple of cases as a joke. It was never good, but I think it showed
better last year than now.