Posted to rec.food.baking,alt.bread.recipes
King's Crown[_3_] King's Crown[_3_] is offline

Default Pumpkin No-Knead Bread

"Serious Sid" > wrote in message
> Just started this off this evening. Looking forward to cooking it
> tomorrow. The recipe doesn't say when to add the nuts or rosemary but
> I assume it is at stage 2 when it mentions dry ingredients.
>
> http://www.neverhomemaker.com/2009/1...pkin-loaf.html
>

> What you'll need . . .
>
> 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (plain, this isn't a sweet or spiced pumpkin
> bread)
> 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon tepid water (or a bit more depending)
> 1/4 teaspoon dry active yeast
> 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
> 2 cups bread flour
> 1 cup wheat pastry flour
> 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
> 1/2 cup raw crushed walnuts
> 1 generous tablespoon rosemary (I used dried, but am sure fresh would
> work wonderfully)

This sounds lovely. I don't usually have pumpkin seeds hanging around. Not
hard to get though. The tablespoon of dried rosemary scares me a little. I
love rosemary, but it can be rather strong and almost soapy tasting in large
amounts.

How did you think the tablespoon of rosemary balanced out in the finished
product?

Lynne