Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default 1997 Luigi Einaudi Barolo

1997 Luigi Einaudi Barolo. I've posted notes on this before but it's
been a while. I still have a few left from a case purchased on
release. I opened last night with grilled veal chops and creamy
polenta with white truffle butter. Dark red in the glass with just a
faint hint of brick (I think many Barolos are normally a bit brickish
in color) Typical Barolo nose of roses, tar, a bit of black tea and
ripe black plums. Fairly ripe on the palate showing dense black
cherry, plums, a bit of espresso and leather. Interesting sweet ripe
fruit notes at the front with a fairly high toned acidity on the
finish and fairly aggressive tannins. The wine could still use a few
more years. "B+"