Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bigbazza[_24_] Bigbazza[_24_] is offline

Default Best By Date?.....

An Australian friend sent me this tonight......Very helpful web
site.....Thought I would pass it on....

http://www.stilltasty.com/

Remember when the con was "Use by date"

They must have got caught on that one and it became "Best before" Now we
find it is meant for the retailer and not the buyer. I knew we were being
conned and I know of one woman who throws everything out as soon as that
date is reached.

Remember when we had enough sense to use our nose or our taste buds to
determine when something was past its use by date?

We are being conned all the way from Global warming to the pharmaceutical
companies, politicians and etc.
..

How long can a bottle of ketchup stay in your fridge before it goes bad?
I'm thinking 5 or 10 years, but if you want an expert opinion, go to the web
site below. This site lists all kind of foods and how to keep them fresh
longer as well as when to get rid of them. If you have a question click on
the particular picture, and a whole list of stuff appears...............WHAT
A GREAT SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigbazza (Barry) Oz