Posted to alt.food.barbecue
piedmont piedmont is offline

Default Cool Whole Hog Cooker! and some OT..

On 1/22/2010 11:37 AM, vex wrote:
> piedmont wrote:
>> Cool Whole Hog Cooker! and some OT..
>>
>> http://www.asadorcubano.com/

> I like the idea of having the charcoal inside the pit, but I've seen this
> one in action and I think I prefer it:
>
> http://www.lacajachina.com/
>
> Apparently they're now hyping their experience with Bobby Flay, but they've
> been around quite a while. A friend of mine has one and the pork they've
> turned out with it has been fantastic. I noticed on their website they're
> now offering a smoker option that looks like a puck feeder arrangment. That
> would be nice to have.
> --Brett

The .china. is the one mentioned on the asador site, because it cooks
with the coals on the top lid, where the asador cooks with coals
actually under the hog for a real bbq flavor. There was a long ago
website of someone in New England that had a plywood box with metal lid
where coals were placed on top the lid, it does roast the hog but still
not bbq. I've seen a 55 gallon drum buried up right but with end open
and hog wired to lid and then drop hog into drum as lid closes then
light a fire onto of lid, roast hog but not bbq. Many ways to roast and
bbq a whole hog,
Regards!

--
piedmont, The Practical BBQ'r