Posted to alt.food.wine
ronin ronin is offline

Default 1966 Leoville Lascases

A few days ago I had the subject wine. Nothing special, but I had
inherited it, and I think it was kept in a closet since purchase. The
note is particularly about the cork, the condition of which I have
never seen before. When removed, it was entirely wet, but came out in
one piece. The wine did not exibit any oxidation/off notes, but was
over the hill, if you please. The wine was enjoyable, but certainly
not what I had hoped. But the cork... It has now shrivelled to the
size of my little finger and is as hard as a rock. I have never
encountered such in all my 50 years of enjoying wine.

Jim