Posted to rec.food.baking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Frosting for a banana nut cake

In article >,
"Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq." > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > What's your suggestion?
> > Cream cheese with orange juice and zest is my current thought..

> Have you considered a butter cream?
>
> An almond or pistachio paste can be very nice with the banana nut cake,
> various fruit sauces and thickened creams? You might even consider a
> sabayon or other egg custard to serve with (not necessarily as a
> frosting) the cake.

I did think about a buttercream but am still leaning to my abundant
stash of cream cheese. :-) The rest of it is more complicated than
I'm interesting in making. Thank you for the suggestions, though.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller 1-9-2010