Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Southern Dinner at Christine's

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 12:45:41 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>sf wrote:
>
>> It didn't hurt that the bourbon was Maker's Mark either. Very
>> smooth.

>As opposed to chunky? I never know what people mean by that term when
>they're talking about firewater.

If it doesn't feel like you're swallowing red hot nails, it's called
smooth.

>> My husband and I were the "other diners". Bob, it was the second time
>> I've had the opportunity to chat with your lovely wife in person and
>> the first time I've met you. WOW, you *don't* bite. LOLOL! She has
>> you well trained, my man.

>I think that's news to both of us. :-) I *was* a naval officer, ya know, and
>even though I don't always choose it, I *can* behave like a gentleman.

An, an officer AND a gentleman. The navy will be proud.

>> Yes, thank you Chris. It was a lovely evening that ended all too
>> soon. Thanks for posting the wonderful recap, Bob. I can only say
>> DITTO.

>Heh... I was wondering if you helped with the clean-up. I felt guilty
>leaving Christine to deal with that pile of dishes, but our dog had been in
>her kennel for a very long time (9 hours before we left Christine's
>apartment, and we still had an hour-and-a-half drive to get home), and I'm
>sure she was approaching her continence limit.

Man, we tried. I tried to empty the dishwasher. How hard is that?
She practically beat me off with a stick. I wasn't in a position to
argue very hard. I thought of some other strategies to use this
morning, but it was a few hours too late.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.