Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Default Southern Dinner at Christine's

sf wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 02:51:00 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
> > wrote:
>
> >Tonight Christine was gracious enough to invite guests over to her new
> >apartment for a Southern dinner. Lin and I got there early enough to help
> >with some of the light work, but Christine already had everything well under
> >control, so there wasn't much for us to do.
> >
> >Right off the bat, Christine offered us bacon-pecan pralines (with a bit of
> >orange zest) and our choice of cocktails. (Translation: She plied us with
> >liquor under the guise of determining which cocktail went better with the
> >pralines. :-)) The two cocktail choices were (1) ginger ale with bourbon and
> >(2) iced tea and lemonade with bourbon. Being designated driver, I tried
> >only tiny sips of each, and thought that the ginger ale drink went better
> >with the pralines, but the iced tea drink would be more welcome as a
> >thirst-quencher.

> It didn't hurt that the bourbon was Maker's Mark either. Very
> smooth.
> >
> >When the other guests arrived,

> My husband and I were the "other diners". Bob, it was the second time
> I've had the opportunity to chat with your lovely wife in person and
> the first time I've met you. WOW, you *don't* bite. LOLOL! She has
> you well trained, my man. Hopefully we can all get together soon.
>
> >they also tried the praline-cocktail
> >combination and voiced their devout approval.

> Oh, yes - and I still want that recipe! It's breakfast, it's an
> appetizer, it's dessert! Sky will love it.... everything is better
> with bacon.

snippage

Chris's dinner was splendorious from all the descriptions Bob wrote -
and he described everything so well I could nearly detect the flavorful
scents!

Yesterday, I just happened to pull out a 2#-bag of pecans from the
freezer. I had a craving for roasted pecans - BUT I did not roast all
of them <G>. This would be a perfect opportunity for me to try to
duplicate Chris's recipe - hint hint, Chris - please share the recipe?
;D If you already did, sorry I missed it.

Sky, who always enjoys bacon recipes ;>

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!