Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default I have met the enemy and it is...

On Jan 14, 2:29�pm, "Anders T�rneskog" >
wrote:
> "Bi!!" > skrev i ...
>
> >Anders, there is a difference between fresh acidic wines and drinking
> >razor blades. :-) �I like well balanced wines with a nice acidic
> >component and if you read my TN's from over the years you will find
> >that my tastes run fairly Old World but this is just bad wine. �I've
> >had Laboure Roi wines in the past and found them to be fairly
> >pedestrian "quaffers" but this was just beyond the realm of good taste
> >and it has nothing to do with Americanized tastes.

> Yes, I know you have a wide ranging experience. � So, if this was not a
> malolactically conditioned sensory response :-) �- �could this have been a
> faulty bottle?
> You see, I don't find other notes for Laboure-Roi PF pointing out that kind
> of acidity. � It could be a vintage aberration..., look at these notes for
> L-R PF 2006:
> Bouquet: Ripe pear, hazelnut, citrus, buttered bread with floral and cedar
> notes.
>
> Taste: Round and balanced with nice acidity. Structured and rich with ripe
> white fruit flavors. Nice mineral and green apple lingering finish. IIt will
> develop nicely in the cellar.
>
> So something is wrong here, and if not you, then perhaps the bottle?
>
> Anders
>
> .

Well, certainly the vintage would have a significant effect and
tasting notes for a 2006 wouldn't necessarily tranlate to the 2007
vintage. I couldn't really find any notes from sources that weren't
trying to sell the wine. I did see the note posted by The Atlanta
Examiner that you posted (which is not a website I'm familiar with nor
the "wine expert" that they cite) and it appears to be a commercial
for a grocery store or wine shop. Basically the wine sucked and I
don't think it was bottle variation. It sells for about $15-$18 in
the American market at retail so perhaps someone else can buy a bottle
and post a note.