Posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,rec.food.baking
DC[_3_] DC[_3_] is offline

Default Snacking in Alaska with baking pans and bar cookies

(Al Dente) - Are you a bar cookie fan? I certainly am.
When we lived in Anchorage, Alaska, a few years ago, I
cranked up my bar cookie repertoire substantially.

My reasons for doing so were pretty basic. Top quality
artisan bakeries were few and far between in our area, and
my kids were constantly hankering for homemade fare after
sledding, ice skating, cross country skiing, or shoveling.

The fact that we lived in a neighborhood full of kids
certainly added to the urgent need for quick, easy, and
affordable baked goodies. It seemed that someone was
always knocking on the door and strolling into the kitchen.
Of course, they always brought their appetites with them
and anything on the counter would disappear instantly.

At the time, I suspected bar cookies were the simplest
solution...

Continued: http://xrl.us/BarCookies