Posted to alt.food.wine
Anders Tørneskog Anders Tørneskog is offline

Default I have met the enemy and it is...

"Bi!!" > skrev i melding

>Anders, there is a difference between fresh acidic wines and drinking
>razor blades. :-) I like well balanced wines with a nice acidic
>component and if you read my TN's from over the years you will find
>that my tastes run fairly Old World but this is just bad wine. I've
>had Laboure Roi wines in the past and found them to be fairly
>pedestrian "quaffers" but this was just beyond the realm of good taste
>and it has nothing to do with Americanized tastes.

Yes, I know you have a wide ranging experience. So, if this was not a
malolactically conditioned sensory response :-) - could this have been a
faulty bottle?
You see, I don't find other notes for Laboure-Roi PF pointing out that kind
of acidity. It could be a vintage aberration..., look at these notes for
L-R PF 2006:
Bouquet: Ripe pear, hazelnut, citrus, buttered bread with floral and cedar
notes.

Taste: Round and balanced with nice acidity. Structured and rich with ripe
white fruit flavors. Nice mineral and green apple lingering finish. IIt will
develop nicely in the cellar.

So something is wrong here, and if not you, then perhaps the bottle?

Anders

..