Posted to alt.food.wine
ViLco ViLco is offline

Default Dolcetto from 2008

DaleW wrote:

> With lamb chops with a Calabrese pepper sauce, pasta with pesto, and
> broccoli rabe, the 2008 Stefano Farina Dolcetto di Diano d'Alba (I've
> had Dolcetto d'Alba before, not sure if di Diano is a subset or
> neighbor).

Dolcetto d'Alba DOC can be produced in a wide area spread across the two
provinces of Asti and Cuneo. Dolcetto di Diano d'Alba, or Diano d'Alba, can
be produced only in the municipality of Diano d'Alba, in the province of
Cuneo.
It has a stricter disciplinare than Dolcetto d'Alba and has a lower
production per hectare, 7,2 metric tons instead of 8.
--
Vilco
Don't think pink: drink rosè