Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Deutz, Coche and Pegau

Bi!! wrote:

> with Onglet of Beef
>
> 2001 Pegau CdP Reservee-This wine needs more time also. Big
> blockbuster fruit with cassis, black cherry, anise and red raspberry
> liquor flavors. Big and concentrated yet smooth plush tannins. "A"

Thanks for the note about this wine, Bill. I recently traded two
bottles of the '00 Reservee for two bottles of the '01, so I now have 4
bottles of this (I originally ordered 3 bottles from a local retailer,
but they delivered 3 of the '00, so I've been scrambling to redress that
problem since). From the stretch of years '98-'01, I think that '01
will be my stylistic favorite, followed by '99, then '98 and '00. I
also think that '01 will take the longest time to reach maturity, though.

Mark Lipton