Old 10-01-2010, 03:30 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
Piedmont Piedmont is offline

Default Barbecue Trail / North Carolina BBQ Society

On 1/9/2010 9:06 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
piedmont wrote:
http://www.ncbbqsociety.com/trail.html

Barbecue Trail

NCBS has designed a barbecue trail from Eastern North Carolina to
Tennessee. The trail will meander across the state with stops at 24
NCBS Historic Barbecue Pits. These pits were carefully and selectively
chosen by the NCBS board as representatives of the distinctive methods
and barbecue cooking styles that have made North Carolina the Barbecue
Capital of the World. Each NCBS Historic Barbecue Pit still cooks the
old fashioned pit cooked method. And each NCBS Historic Barbecue Pit
will proudly display a specially designed emblem depicting old style
barbecue cooking that is part of the tradition, heritage and culture
that NCBS seeks to preserve.

Criteria for selection to the NCBS Historic Barbecue Trail included,
among other things, that the NCBS Historic Barbecue Pit cook their
meat product on pits fueled by wood or charcoal, make their own sauce,
that the pit had operated continuously for fifteen or more years, that
the end product was a good offering and representative of North
Carolina Barbecue and that the pit had earned and enjoyed the high
esteem of its community, the barbecue industry and barbecue
aficionados. The board decided to only include pits that provide a sit
down dining experience for the public and to limit the number of pits
on the trail to two per town/city.
The establishment of the NCBS Historic Barbecue Trail will afford
visitors to the Old North State an opportunity to sample North
Carolina barbecue cooked in the traditional fashion and served by some
of the nicest people one could ever hope to meet.

I bookmarked the page. DH and I are going to NJ in April for a family
thing. We are driving. On the way home to way-the-heck-south, which will
be late April, we just might consider taking the NC BBQ Trail.

We have been to Lexington a couple of times.

Don't really know you and husband but willing to meet you at a local Q
Joint if you come this way. My wife Yvonne and I live right off I-85,
South of Charlotte, NC. Here is the link to RO's BBQ, http://www.rosbbq.com/

Regards,
piedmont (Michael Willsey)