Posted to rec.food.cooking
Michael Kuettner[_2_] Michael Kuettner[_2_] is offline

Default What To Serve With Stuffed Peppers?

"Lou Decruss" schrieb :

> I've got 6 nice red bell peppers and a bunch of bulk Italian sausage I
> made. I'm googling the pepper recipes but I'm not sure what else to
> make. I can make some bread and I've got stuff for a fresh salad.
> I've got a package of gnocchi and several types of pasta. I can use
> store bought spaghetti sauce or make a gorgonzola sauce. Or use the
> gorgonzola in the peppers and use the store stuff for pasta.
>
> I'm kinda overwhelmed and cornfuzed. What's usually served with
> stuffed peppers? Is stuffed peppers even an Italian dish or is it an
> American thing?

No, stuffed peppers are a well known Austrian/Hungarian dish, too.
If you've got rice, tomatos, tomato paste, garlic, onion, parsley and
majoram (plus beefstock) ...
If you need a recipe, just holler (and tell me how the bulk Italian
sausage is flavored).

> Louise turns 29 today and I'd like to make a nice meal for her.

Cheers,

Michael Kuettner