Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Dolcetto from 2008

With lamb chops with a Calabrese pepper sauce, pasta with pesto, and
broccoli rabe, the 2008 Stefano Farina Dolcetto di Diano d'Alba (I've
had Dolcetto d'Alba before, not sure if di Diano is a subset or
neighbor). Fruit driven, with black cherries and plums, a little anise-
y herb note, solid tannins. OK acidity (about as much could expect
with Dolcetto), tannins stand up to the chops, pleasant if unexciting
wine. B/B-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**