Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jacquie Jacquie is offline

Default bread pudding

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "A R Pickett" > wrote:

>> > Is a serving 1/4 tsp?
>> >

>> > Susan

>> I'm not sure I understand your comment, but, assuming you are challenging
>> my
>> computation of the carb value - how would you compute it? I figured that
>> 1/2 cup of the pudding would have carb value from the bread crumbs and
>> the
>> fruits, and that counting it as one carb value (15g) would be a good
>> guide.
>>

> The major carb contribution is the bread crumbs which are probably
> comparable in carb content to wheat flour, which has 24 grams of carbs
> per 1/4 cup. So, 8 times that would be 200 grams of carbs. I don't know
> about the almond milk off hand, but the fruit would be an additional 20
> grams of carb. Assuming you get 10 servings out of this entire recipe,
> this would probably be 25 grams of carb/serving. The key is that the
> bread = flour.
>
> --
> "[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
> This, apparently, upsets the fools."
> ---BB cuts to the pith of a flame-fest

A nice Pecan crust could take the place of the bread crumbs. I would just
make the cheesecake without the add ins...and put a few strawberries on my
slice. Sometimes I will mix strawberries with some Splenda and sit it in
the fridge for a day...then the juices come out of the berry and makes a
fine sauce for a cheesecake topping.