Old 05-01-2010, 06:28 PM posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
hoser1605[_2_] hoser1605[_2_] is offline

Default coffee tips?

On Dec 24 2009, 9:34*pm, "Steve Freides" wrote:
Miles Bader wrote:
Here's a question: *Do typical coffee-makers somehow cool the water
before it hits the coffee?

I don't think they boil the water, they just heat it to a certain
temperature.

Your idea, if you're using a kettle, to let it cool a bit sounds right
to me. *We do the same thing, but even more so, for tea, which seems to
like an even lower temperature. *We usually add a bit of cold water to
the pot.

-S-

2 hour ground coffee is stale. Go for immediate.