Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.food-network,rec.food.cooking
Earnest Hampton Earnest Hampton is offline

Default Sandra's Money Saving Meals: Retro Easy Kitchen Classics

In article <c05.75ea2372.386c8e9c@UNKNOWN>,
wrote:

>All I remember about Tom Collins is that there used to be special mixes
>for it, which I liked as a kid: turns out it's just fizzy lemonade. No
>mint.

On the Sandy Collins - I laughed at the way she proudly showed us mint
frozen INto ice cubes, but also carefully strained the simple syrup
because she doesn't want mint in her drink. Um, Snads, not everyone
guzzles their cocktails like you do. Mint frozen inside of ice does
escape when the ice melts. And those cute l'il decorative items become
mint-in-the-glass. (Unless she intends the defrosted mint as stealth
choking hazards).

>That was not a sauce on those Salisbury steaks: that was a soup.
>Must be a mess to serve and eat. BTW, I seem to patronize the only
>groshery store in the hemisphere where sliced mushrooms cost more
>than whole ones, per Sandy.

When she poured all the liquid into that pan, I was expecting a swap-out
for the final result, with properly reduced & thickened sauce. Nope. The
production staff DO hate her!