Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Soup for dinner!

Evelyn wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>> I'd kill for all of it! We drove 950 km's home yesterday. I had
>> cleared the fridge before I left, eating everything in sight to
>> conserve funds for the trip south. We stayed with daughter and
>> grandkids so no accommodation costs but we still needed fuel, a
>> motel on the way down and Xmas... We drove for 12 hours yesterday,
>> normally I could do the trip in 10
>> (over two days) but my son came back with me (missing mummy and all
>> she does too much!) and he is limited to 90kph on his licence and it
>> also rained almost the entire way including several times where
>> visibility was down to almost nothing because of torrential rain. We
>> also took a different route to avoid the main highway and its
>> problems, thought it would be better for son, lol. He certainly
>> learned a lot yesterday! Like how to drive while aqua planing, how
>> to drive along narrow, tight roads through mountains while there is
>> cloud around you, torrential rain and water running across the road.
>> That route was also 120 k's longer so we did ok all things
>> considered. Once we hit our state he was able to drive to the local
>> speed limits, no limits here (sadly IMO). I had been driving in
>> front of him most of the way to make sure his speed stayed right -
>> the police presence was enormous and one fine, no matter how small
>> is the end of his licence. Yesterday being a public holiday meant no
>> shops open at 8.30 last
>> night when we got home, the kids shared a packet of corn chips and
>> some salsa and crashed, I had nothing for dinner and just ate toast
>> for brekky with PB, no tea (out of tea and milk).
>>
>> I just looked in the freezer and figured I could feed the kids a
>> pretty filling meal tonight if I get some sausages today Got
>> frozen mash, frozen corn and frozen peas and a can of instant gravy,
>> lol. Some carrots also lasted the last 17 days in the fridge
>> vegetable crisper. Two more days before I can shop properly.

> Hope you had a chance to catch up by today! Sounds like it was a
> good time!

I want to sleep for a week! I usually break the trip half way but we
couldn't do that this time. I have never driven that far in my life in one
go. Pity I am moving in 3 weeks time or I would sit on my butt for the rest
of the school holidays. Most things are packed up but I still need to pack a
bit more and clean cupboards etc before the big cleaning jobs (carpet,
blinds, windows and frames etc - carpets and blinds have to be done
professionally as per my lease but I will do all the windows). So no rest
for the wicked