Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Wines w/Christmas goose-several Bdx, plus a Burg, Champagne,Port

On Dec 27, 12:49*pm, Joseph Coulter > wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 07:13:16 -0800 (PST), DaleW >
> wrote:
>
> >2000 Bouchard "Vigne de L'Enfant Jesus" Beaune-Greves 1er
> >What better time than Christmas to open a baby Jesus? Drinking well,
> >light to midbodied Pinot, clean cherry fruit, earth, some vanilla.
> >It's the latter that is a bit much, this is showing a bit more oak
> >than fruit can comfortably sustain.B/B-

> Dale, I have the 01 of this. Am I in for a bit of furniture in my
> wine?
> Joseph Coulter
> Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacationswww.josephcoulter.com

I don't have a firm sense of a Bouchard style, but tend to find some
oak. Maybe the comparative lightness of the 00 vintage made this more
apparent. I don't really have a sense of 01 in Beaune, I mostly bought
CdNuits. So no real clue, sorry.