Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: inexpensive wines with leftovers

Sunday we joined some friends for a leftover party- turkey, ham,
stuffing, vegetables, gravlax, pies, and Yule logs. Wines were mostly
leftovers too, with a few fresher bottles:
NV Zardetto Prosecco Brut
Apple and citrus, simple but straightforward, clean. B-

2007 Clos la Chance Chardonnay (Hummingbird Series)
Based on the hummingbird reds, I'm assuming this is fairly
inexpensive, in which case it should be pretty good QPR. No apparent
oak, good acidity for CA, pears and apples with a little floral note.
B-/B

2006 Jadot Bourgogne Rouge
Slightly tart cherry fruit, a surprising (for '06) hint of green,
fairly short finish. Not bad, but nothing to look for. B-

No wines Monday, we had our own leftovers early before going to movies
with friends.

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**