Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default Soup for dinner!

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Evelyn > wrote:
>
> : I have a small piece of prime rib, and a whole container of au-jus left.
> : am going to cut the prime rib into smallish pieces, trimming off all the
> : fatty parts, and I will make a beef vegetable barley soup out of it
> today.
> : I will use the container of au-jus and add some more water and a couple
> of
> : beef bouillion cubes to that to get some liquid going. I will add some
> : barley and a can of tomatoes to that. Then I will put some chopped
> : carrots, celery, onion, parsnip, chopped mushrooms and potatoes into it.
> : think it will probably be pretty tasty. Perhaps I will add some of the
> : leftover green beans from the other nights dinner, and a can of kidney
> beans
> : too.
>
> : --
>
> : Evelyn
>
> How aboaut lots of sliced or chumked mushrooms for taste and texture
> rather than chopping them? I also woudl add the green beans only at the
> end to keep then green:-) Sounds yumy.
>
> Wendy

Yes, that is exactly how I would do it. I wanted to get around to it
today, but got so busy with running around and shopping etc. It was great,
the stores were not mobbed like last week!

--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8