Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.food.veg,sci.econ,alt.philosophy
ex-PFC Wintergreen[_2_] ex-PFC Wintergreen[_2_] is offline

Default "veganism" isn't what it purports to be

Dutch wrote:

> "Ha" > wrote
>> ex-PFC Wintergreen wrote:
>>
>>> All "vegans" start by believing a logical fallacy:
>>>
>>> If I consume animal products, I cause animals to suffer and die.
>>>
>>> I don't consume any animal products;
>>>
>>> therefore, I don't cause any animals to suffer and die.

>> All vegans?
>> rather a sweeping statement!

> You can replace "All vegans" with "Vegans" (in general) and not lose the
> validity of the message.
>
> Are you implicitly agreeing with the message but claiming to be an
> exception?

He might be, but he's lying.

I don't have any problem making the assertion "all vegans". They do
*all* begin by believing that being "vegan" equates to living a
"cruelty-free" or "death-free" lifestyle.