Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Ever raise snails?

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 19:49:34 -0800, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>The problem with the Picart approach is that it is
>outdoors and it is big. I want a system that is
>indoors and compact. I think that should be possible.

I only raised them after I'd paid the kids a penny each to pick sand
buckets full of snails off the plants in the garden. I kept them in
an old fish tank. I would *not* feed them ivy. I'd pick some "wild"
nasturtium (another weed here) to feed them and I wouldn't try to keep
them longer than a week or two, feeding on nasturtiums and then
purging on lettuce and cornmeal. Eat the big ones, drown the rest.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.