Posted to alt.food.wine
Seymour Seymour is offline

Default Gevrey-Chambertin Under the Tree

It's a 2005 Chanson Gevrey-Chambertin and I can't find a review for it
anywhere.

Any tips or informed opinions? Quoting from the Chanson web page . . .

Site : Gevrey Chambertin is located in the "Côte de Nuits". The grapes
stem from a selected plot in the northern part of Appellation "Gevrey
Chambertin" located on a mid slope and bordering the Premiers Crus.
The grapes are sourced from a partner winegrower. Picking of the
grapes by our teams.

I'm wondering how the Côte de Nuits stacks up against the other
appellations of Bourgogne? I once read that Napoleon would not go
into battle without his many casks of red Montrachet right along with
his caissons and cannon.
--
S.