Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve B[_6_] Steve B[_6_] is offline

Default Why is rosemary .............

sold only in little pine needle shaped leaves? Can you buy it powdered or
mashed? I looked, but didn't see it. I have an ulu with a cutting board
made for it that has a depression in it matching the ulu. It works, but a
lot goes flying.

Is rosemary like bay leaf, intended to be cooked whole, then filtered out of
the final dish?

And IF I do crunch some up, and put it in the pork roast marinade (which I
did tonight for tomorrow's meal), are the particles bitter, or do they
dominate the taste?

Tips on rosemary and its uses appreciated. No jokes about the real
Rosemary, as I once dated her, and she was up for ANYTHING.

Steve