Old 25-12-2009, 02:37 AM posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
Steve Freides[_2_] Steve Freides[_2_] is offline

Default descaling coffee machine

caroline wrote:
Hi all

Hope you can help me. I've got a DeLonghi Combination Coffee/Espresso
machine, I've had it since August 09, and I'd say its probably been in
constant use since then, we *love* our coffee in this house! We
mainly use the filter coffee bit, and rarely use the
cappuccino/espresso
Have noticed recently that its getting increasingly slow in filtering
the coffee and filling the jug, so I'm assuming it needs descaling,
but I can't find the instructions...and don't have broadband so
downloading another set is out of the question.

For my kettle and the water filter jug I just use a liquid product
called Furex, and that works brilliantly...but I don't know if that
suitable for a drip coffee maker, or even how I'd add it to the
system....just throw it in the cold water tank with some cold water
or what?
So, folks how do you descale your drip coffee machines, and what
products do you use?

This is a question for your machine's manufacturer, not a newsgroup,
unless someone else happens to have the exact brand and model you have.

If you love your coffee, consider using better water, e.g., having a
filtration system installed in your home. We have an r/o (reverse
osmosis) and it's great. It also eliminates the need for descaling.

-S-