Old 25-12-2009, 02:32 AM posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
Steve Freides[_2_] Steve Freides[_2_] is offline

Default Coffee Maker

Winston wrote:
Hi there from a first time noob.

From reading reviews of various coffee makers, it appears that no one
makes a unit that works flawlessly and all are designed to last little
more than 3 years before failure.

I am really tired of replacing coffee makers, so tell me the make and
model of coffee maker that has thrilled you with ease of use, perfect
coffee and astounding durability. Is a filter funnel and a thermal
carafe the only real answer?

Please don't bother suggesting Cuisinart, because I am still upset
with them!
Thanks!

--Winston

Cuisinart has been good for us. We bought a Grind 'N' Brew (sp?) a few
years back. Things did break - first we needed a new lid for the
thermal carafe, which they sent at no charge. Then the grinder started
making really weird noises, and at that point, which was about 3 years
in, they told us we had a 5 year warranty and they had decided to send
us a brand new machine, again at no charge to us. We're still using
that one.

We use ours less now because we make a lot of espresso, but we'd gladly
buy a Cuisinart again. My wife and I both think it makes great coffee,
it needed no paper filters with the gold filter, and having fresh ground
coffee every morning was and is a real treat.

-S-