Old 24-12-2009, 03:55 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
ChairMan ChairMan is offline

Default turkey and butt at the same time

In ,
Eddie spewed forth:
On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 06:34:36 -0800 (PST), Olde Hippee
wrote:

I agree with Ekal, and we have a K5. I do turkeys often and butts
more often. My turkeys cook at 375, and the butts at 225 - 250.
Good Luck, it sounds delicious, what time is dinner? We're only
having ham. Merry Christmas.
Nan in DE

Ok, I think I got it. Since this will be the first time doing two at
a time, I'll follow Ekal's suggestion.
Dinner is all day starting around 3pm. I forgot to add, I'm doing
another shoulder in the crockpot ala kalau style. It will be wrapped
in banana leaves with a little liquid smoke. And, (completely forgot)
a spiral honey-baked ham from Costco and a turkey breast that I'll put
in the K with the butt.
Hmm, so let me see, ham, kalua pig, smoked butt, smoked turkey breast,
and the turkey.
Should be enough. Come on over!
And a Merry Christmas to you too (checking out the window making sure
the ACLU isn't seeing this)
Eddie in San Jose

F' em send the ACLU a CHRISTmas card