Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Robert Miles[_2_] Robert Miles[_2_] is offline

Default yum cranberries!

"krom" > wrote in message
>i looked at that but its a blend of other juices too..i just wanted
>straight cranberry...which has very little carbs and colories compared to
>the fiber in it.
>
> the entire bag was 100 calories and i drank and ate it for a couple days
> with zero bg raise..in fact pre juice i was runnign high prob due to
> infection..now im back to 80's and stable again..
>
> but thats me..i cant say it will work for others.
>
> KROM
>
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> krom wrote:
>>> my bladder hurt a bit so i normally use cranberry juice to fix it...but
>>> you goto the "juice" isle and its all blends and cocktails with sugar
>>> and hfcs.
>>>
>>> So i bought a frozen bag of plain washed craberries put them in a
>>> blender with water liquid splenda a splace lemon juice and a tsp xylitol
>>> and erythritol.
>>>
>>> the entire blender contained 130 calories and after the fiber is counted
>>> maybe 12 net carbs..so i wasnt suprised when my 6 ounce glass didnt
>>> flicker my meter but did fix my bladder and was better tasting then
>>> those store juices.
>>>
>>> the rest of the blender i put in a tray in the freezer and made
>>> cranberry sorbet..even my wife likes it keeps stealing spoonfulls from
>>> the freezer..lol
>>>
>>> dunno why i hadnt thought of this before.
>>>
>>> i tried to make cooked one before using whole cranberries that wasnt
>>> very good.
>>>
>>> this was easy and i could see adding gelatin to make jelly .
>>>
>>> KROM
>>>

>> Healthy Balance brand makes a low carb cranberry juice that seems to
>> work.
>>
>> --
>> Janet Wilder

The best I remember, the cranberry juice Trader Joe's offers is just
straight cranberry, so you may want to check if they have a store
close enough you can reach it. A gallon jug, if I remember correctly.
Naturally low carb, since cranberries grow without much in the way
of carbs.

Robert Miles