Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Default Unglazed quarry tiles

David Harmon wrote:

> I got mine at Home Depot. 12" square and 1/2 thick.
> A dollar and change. Stock item, not some special.

I got the same sort of unglazed ceramic tiles at Lowe's for about the
same price, too. However, I do wonder about the (potential) lead
content of said unglazed tiles!!

Aren't "quarry" tiles a different critter than unglazed ceramic tiles
?? Wouldn't quarry imply stone? Beware the stone I think? because I've
heard/read it can explode????

Sky
Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!