Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default Minty glaze

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in
message ...
> Nonny said:
>> Has anyone had luck making a mint flavored mop or glaze that'd
>> be
>> good on lamb chops? I normally do mine in a light Montreal
>> steak
>> seasoning, but after some modest success with an apple glaze
>> for
>> pork loin and cutlets recently, am ready to expand to glaze
>> for
>> lamb.
>>
>> Ideas?

> I'm not opposed to mint and lamb like some folks, but it has to
> be done
> conservatively. Red wine, garlic, mint, rosemary, S&P and olive
> oil can make
> a fine marinade or paste, then you can reduce some of it and/or
> add it to
> pan juices for a glaze. I find the pan juices deglazed from lamb
> cooked with
> garlic and rosemary to be especially tasty, and the mint will
> work fine as
> long as it's used to create a flavor undertone as opposed to a
> primary
> taste.
>
> MartyB in KC

Thanks to both of you for the comments. We make a pesto here
frequently and I like the idea of adding sweetness and just
cooking it down a tad.

BTW- the pesto is used here with green peppers. If you're looking
for an unusual type of food that works fine as an appetizer OR as
a veggie with a meal, try cutting any color pepper into strips
about 1-1/2" wide. Coat them with olive oil and place them skin
side down on a baking sheet or on the grates of a grill. We do
them both ways. On the meat side, spoon in a dose of pesto and
after they have begun to soften, top with grated parmesan cheese.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.