Posted to alt.food.barbecue,austin.food
ceed[_3_] ceed[_3_] is offline

Default Where to purchase Juleribbe? (Slightly OT).

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:31:28 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

> Sorry about the carniciera idea didn't work out. But I swear that's
> the same cut that they deep fry whole and sell pieces of to order.
> First China BBQ also does something similar, but it contains more of
> the back portion of the pig other than the side belly.
>
> -sw

Update: I ended up purchasing a whole 36 lb piglet at Lonestar Meat (E 6th
St.). I brought a picture of the cut I wanted and stayed with the butcher
while he cut the pig. In addition I ended up with two hams I am going to
cure, shoulders ground up for "medister-kaker" and a head for tamales. And
those to rib cuts I ended up with looks great! Thank you all for your
suggestions and help

--
//ceed