Old 23-12-2009, 03:04 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue,austin.food
ceed[_3_] ceed[_3_] is offline

Default Where to purchase Juleribbe? (Slightly OT).

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:31:28 -0600, Sqwertz
wrote:

Sorry about the carniciera idea didn't work out. But I swear that's
the same cut that they deep fry whole and sell pieces of to order.
First China BBQ also does something similar, but it contains more of
the back portion of the pig other than the side belly.

-sw

Update: I ended up purchasing a whole 36 lb piglet at Lonestar Meat (E 6th
St.). I brought a picture of the cut I wanted and stayed with the butcher
while he cut the pig. In addition I ended up with two hams I am going to
cure, shoulders ground up for "medister-kaker" and a head for tamales. And
those to rib cuts I ended up with looks great! Thank you all for your
suggestions and help

--
//ceed