Posted to alt.food.wine
Dee Dovey Dee Dovey is offline

Default Terroir and blends

"Bi!!" > wrote in message
On Dec 12, 9:14?am, "Dee Dovey" > wrote:
> I can't figure this out.
>
> If a Bordeaux blend is made up of several grapes, and terroir is so
> important, does a winery that blends several grapes also own several
> terroirs (plots of land) where he grows the different grapes that he uses
> in
> his wine that he labels that is from his winery?
>
> Thanks a lot for any who can understand my question as phrased, and
> answer.
>
> Dee Dee

I think it's important to remember that "terroir" is more than soil.
It's the entire enviorment of the vineyard including the aspect of the
vines in relation to the sun, the drainage and humidity, the relative
temperatures of the air and the soil throughout the months, weeks,
days, hours, etc.

Thanks, Bill. Yes, I do realize that.
I appreciate your posting.
Dee Dee