Posted to rec.food.cooking
Linda[_10_] Linda[_10_] is offline

Default How do I warm cooked dungeness crab?

When we bother reheating the Dungeness my husband cooks, we use a
large pot with a vegetable steamer and steam the crab pieces until
they're warm enough to eat. Lately, though, he's been happy with
refrigerated crab. When I first met him over 20 years ago he couldn't
eat crab without dipping it in butter.

We've been picking up live crab from 99 Ranch Market on Willow Pass in
Concord. My husband cooks it outdoors in a giant canning kettle using
Penzey's Shrimp and Crab Boil. We do NOT salt the water. The last
batch of crab we picked up (20 in all) was purchased for $2.99 a pound
at 99 Ranch Market.

Hmmm...that sounds like it would be a terrific Christmas Eve dinner. I
need to send him out for fresh crab on Thursday. Friday's dinner will
be pheasant on the smoker, "marinated" overnight in Texas Wild BBQ rub
and then covered in bacon and smoked. According to one of my
husband's friends, it's the best pheasant he's ever had.

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:21:21 -0800 (PST), Manda Ruby