Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Fruit Salad

In article
Dan Abel > wrote:

> In article >,
> Omelet > wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > abe jackson > wrote:
> >
> > > Ambrosia Fruit Salad
> > > Submitted by: abe jackson
> > > Shredded coconut and chunks of pineapple, mandarin oranges,
> > > marshmallows, pecans and fruit cocktail are folded into whipped topping
> > > and chilled. Top with maraschino cherries when serving.

> > <gag> Sugar overload!
> > Forget the marshmallows and it'd sound better.
> >
> > YMMV as always.

> Well, my mileage says to forget all the rest of the ingredients, also.
> I don't mind the coconut and pecans, but that doesn't exactly constitute
> a fruit salad.
>
> It's a pity. There have been several good recipes posted in the last
> few days, and there is no lack of fresh fruit at my local stores.

Mine neither.

My recipe for fruit salad?

Okay, here goes.

Equal parts of the following:

Sweet red or green grapes
Sliced ripe peeled nectarine cut into approx 1" portions
Blackberries or Raspberries
Fresh Tangerine slices
Fresh or canned pineapple chunks
Thinly sliced Kiwi fruit (optional)
Cubed Mango
Peeled and cubed Gala apple
Ripe cantaloupe melon balls
Singed, peeled and cubed "Tuna" (aka, ripe cactus apples, they HAVE to
be red!) (optional)
Alternate to the cactus fruit is bananas sliced in 1/4" slices.

For dressing, sweetened sour cream with sweetener of your choice. I use
Splenda, but sugar or honey works fine.

Gentle squeeze of fresh lemon juice to keep fruit from browning...
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe: