Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Charly Horse Charly Horse is offline

Default chocolate bark

"Nonny" > wrote in news:IxVUm.64565$X01.40035
@newsfe07.iad:

> "Ekal Byar" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Nonny" > wrote in message
>>> Since I did the melting on a side burner outdoors, this isn't
>>> too far off topic. If any of you are looking for something
>>> easy and quick to make for a food gift, consider peppermint
>>> bark. Trader Joe's here in town has some really decent
>>> chocolate for about $3.50/#. I got 3 pounds each of their 72%
>>> dark, milk and white, and stopped by Kmart for a pound of
>>> Brach's peppermint disks.
>>>
>>> The disks were unwrapped and coarsely ground in the food
>>> processor, then set aside.
>>>

>> snippy
>>
>> I bet you knit your own socks, too.

> If you think I do that, don't even bother thinking about how I
> make my own condoms. <grin>
>
> FWIW, regarding the bark, the USPS has different sizes of boxes
> they'll give you for free, including a "small flat" one that will
> ship anywhere in the USA for $5. While that's not cheap, it's 2-3
> day delivery and the box is free. The "small flat" box holds
> about 12-16 ounces of the bark. I packaged it by laying Saran
> wrap over the box, filling it, then folding the remaining Saran
> wrap over the top. It makes a tidy package of the bark and is
> just about right to send to old friends, classmates and kin as a
> Christmas "thinking of you."

just a headsup unless your item is heavy for it's size you can get a
better price on the shipping by just using priority mail. The flat
rate boxes are great for the heavier for the size items. You can
order the priority boxs online at usps.com 3 different sizes are
available or get them at postoffice but have to ask they are not as
visible as the flat rate boxes.