Old 15-12-2009, 10:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hot Buttered Rum

golfstar2006 wrote:
Anyone ever tried hot buttered rum or hot buttered rum batter drinks for
the holidays? They seem interesting to me, but I've never gotten around
to actually making them... I don't think my crew would like them.
Anyone ever tried these?

Not just for the holidays. I often have them on cold winter nights,
especially if I feel like I am coming down with something. Use a decent
dark rum. Pour it into a mug and add boiling water until it is about the
colour of strong tea. You can add a little bit of brown sugar and/or
honey and a little bit of *unsalted* butter.