Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Hot Buttered Rum

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 12:55:14 -0700, "Janet Bostwick"
> wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 04:38:57 -0800 (PST), stark
>> > wrote:

>> I used to buy one jar of each and I really liked the calorific Tom &
>> Jerry batter. The trick to making it extra rich is to add a 1/2 tsp
>> of *instant* coffee to it before you pour in the hot water.
>>

>Tom and Jerry's were always my dad's specialty for New Year's Eve. That's
>the only time I ever saw him doing something in the kitchen. But he'd stand
>over the Mixmaster and whip up the egg whites. The made from scratch stuff
>doesn't taste anything like the store batter.

Well, that's what I do. I don't make it from scratch. If I had to,
I'd never have any. Same with eggnog. I just don't drink enough at
any one time to merit making a batch. I do remember making
nonalcoholic eggnog with my grandmother and it was not as complicated
as the recipes I see on the net for party nogs.

Do you have your Dad's Tom & Jerry recipe? I don't think I've ever
seen one.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.