Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Ekal Byar Ekal Byar is offline

Default Where to purchase Juleribbe? (Slightly OT).

"ceed" > wrote in message
news
> Hi,
>
> Since I got great advice here on finding good turkey for Thanksgiving in
> the Austin, TX area I try again: This year we have decided to do Norwegian
> food for Christmas. I am originally from there, but haven't done a
> Norwegian Christmas here in the US before. What I need to get hold of is a
> "Juleribe". It's pork rib with the skin on. The cut looks like this:
>
> http://is.gd/5mjQy
>
> And this is how it's cooked:
>
> http://is.gd/5mjSq
>
> My problem is that I do not know where I can go to get the right cut pork
> rib.. So if anyone here knows of some place around Austin who may have
> this, or could potentially get hold of it for me it would be greatly
> appreciated.

I have no idea how to help you, but it sounds good.....interesting. Good
luck with it, and please check back with your results.

> Sorry for being a little OT, but we are talking meat although it's not
> really barbecued. But done right it's pretty damn good!

I bet it is closer to being OnTopic than that candy-ass shit that nonnymouse
posted. In fact, it's more OnTopic than most of the sheet that is posted
here these days.