Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default chocolate bark

"Ekal Byar" > wrote in message

> "Nonny" > wrote in message
>> Since I did the melting on a side burner outdoors, this isn't
>> too far off topic. If any of you are looking for something
>> easy and quick to make for a food gift, consider peppermint
>> bark. Trader Joe's here in town has some really decent
>> chocolate for about $3.50/#. I got 3 pounds each of their 72%
>> dark, milk and white, and stopped by Kmart for a pound of
>> Brach's peppermint disks.
>>
>> The disks were unwrapped and coarsely ground in the food
>> processor, then set aside.
>>

> snippy
>
> I bet you knit your own socks, too.

If you think I do that, don't even bother thinking about how I
make my own condoms. <grin>

FWIW, regarding the bark, the USPS has different sizes of boxes
they'll give you for free, including a "small flat" one that will
ship anywhere in the USA for $5. While that's not cheap, it's 2-3
day delivery and the box is free. The "small flat" box holds
about 12-16 ounces of the bark. I packaged it by laying Saran
wrap over the box, filling it, then folding the remaining Saran
wrap over the top. It makes a tidy package of the bark and is
just about right to send to old friends, classmates and kin as a
Christmas "thinking of you."

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.