Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
Miles Bader Miles Bader is offline

Default coffee tips?

It's sad that this group is mostly spam for dodgy products...

If there's any real people still reading, do you have any good
coffee-making tips?

Here's mine: Let the water sit for a while after it boils, so it can
cool down a bit, before adding to the coffee. It tastes, much, much
better than coffee made with water near boiling.

I just turn off the kettle and grind the coffee at that point; the delay
from grinding and futzing around seems to be enough to make a huge
difference in taste (I have a manual grinder, so it's a bit slow).

[I get the impression that it's pretty well-known that the correct
temperature for making coffee is around 90 C, but... I didn't know it
for a long time!]

Here's a question: Do typical coffee-makers somehow cool the water
before it hits the coffee?

-Miles

--
The car has become... an article of dress without which we feel uncertain,
unclad, and incomplete. [Marshall McLuhan, Understanding Media, 1964]