Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Beea Beea is offline

Default Reminder: BBQ Pitmasters tomorrow night

"Kent" > wrote in message
> Just a reminder that BBQ Pitmasters is on T LC tomorrow twice. The first
> episode, at 7:00 PM Pacific is a repeat of the first, where one of the
> contestants, Myron, uses the F--k word[bleaped out, of course] more than
> anyone in television history. The second tomorrow night Thursday at 10:00
> PM is the next episode in the series.

You do know that Myron was coached, and that persona is what the producer
wanted, don't you? Myron isn't like that. You also have to remember that
this was filmed for TV, as entertainment, not as a documentary.

> In the first episode Myron above, one of the five contestants smoked[if
> you can uses that word at 350F] his brisket at 350F for only four hours.
> The

Yes, it does taste smoked. You seem to get hung up on definitions and not
reality. Get out in the world more often. Smell the brisket and pork butt.

> other contestants were up all night at the usual 225-250F. He injected the
> meat. His brisket placed 2nd. Do any have thoughts about that? At what
> temp do you smoke brisket?

He has won many contests doing the same. It works. I cooked next to Jack's
Old South at a contest in Georgia once a few years back. Yes, he taught me
to cook at higher temperatures, and yes, you get a fantastic finished
product. You do have to realize that JOS is cooking on a specially designed
and built Jack's Old South smoker, and you can't expect the same results
from your off-the-shelf, in the big-box-store cookers, and especially not on
one of your gassers.

> OB the F word: recently we have seen "****ed off" and "screwed up"" passed
> by the censors and the advertisers. It's just a matter of time, I think,
> until we see "F...ked up" loud. How things change,
>
> Cheers,
>
> El Retardo,

Squertz is correct, you sure got that right