Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_2_] John Kuthe[_2_] is offline

Default I'm going to make Bourbon Truffles this year!

On Dec 11, 11:01*am, merryb > wrote:
> On Dec 11, 8:20*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
> > Found a bunch of recipes via Google. My plan, about 4 TBS of bourbon
> > to 1 lb chopped chocolate, into the boiled cream. Have not determined
> > how much cream yet, I vary mine every year. I have a failing of making
> > my truffles too soft from using too much cream. Gotta watch that!

> > :-)

> > John Kuthe...

> Are you going to dip them in tempered chocolate or roll them in
> something to finish them?

I buy this dipping chocolate from Chocoley:

http://www.chocoley.com/badabingbadaboomcandymelts.htm

It's really good! I've tried a bunch of no-temper dipping compound
chocolates, and this is by far the best I've tried.

John Kuthe...