Posted to alt.food.wine
st.helier[_3_] st.helier[_3_] is offline

Default Suggestions for dinner wine

Mark Lipton wrote.....
>> It sounds to me like both preparations of the pork might be a touch
>> sweet. If so, I'd be tempted to try a bigger white wine such as a
>> Riesling Spätlese or Grüner Veltliner Smaragd. If those wines aren't
>> available, how about a Gewurztraminer or Pinot Gris?

And "Robb in Austin" responded...

>Thanks for the ideas Mark. My thoughts were wandering towards a
>interesting white as well.

I am with Mark on this one - Pork, ginger - everything screams
gewürztraminer.

I would be as bold as to suggest a Trimbach "Cuvee des Seigneurs de
Ribeaupierre" - if it is available near you.

Regards

st.helier